Hi friends! Happy Tuesday!
First of all, a big thank you to everyone who shared their feedback and person experiences with me regarding my last post; it means the world to me when I hear from folks who have read my work PERIOD, never mind found whatever I wrote meaningful.
I feel like my brain has been moving in a billion different directions lately, so I thought I'd share some random thoughts today. Ready?
1. I tried Primally Pure's natural deodorant. I ordered it after learning about it from some bloggers I follow on Instagram. I honestly never had any real qualms about my regular deodorant, but have heard the argument that big brand deodorants are toxic/will kill you/etc... :) Though I have no idea if there's any legitimacy to that, the idea of using a product with ingredients I recognized was pretty darn appealing. Verdict: it works - really well! And this is coming from a a pretty sweaty, active person. (Note: that's totally an unsolicited comment - they have no clue who I am.)
2. Somehow I totally failed when attempting to make smashed potatoes last night. I was supposed to parboil them before roasting, and apparently I don't know how to parboil. Whooooops. Is there a secret to this?! The penalty was ending up with regular, roasted potatoes, so... still a win.
3. Life hack: an iced Americano is less expensive than an ice coffee/cold brew. I literally just realized this a few days ago! You're welcome.
4. Yesterday I had a new essay published on the Huffington Post (I'm a contributor) - yay! It's based on the disordered eating blog post I wrote last week. BUT you should definitely still read it, because i changed it/added to it quite a bit.
5. We just got the keys to our new place in LA! I probably should start packing...
6. My daily gratitude train is still chugging along! This is the last week of Lent (wrapping up on Easter this Sunday), but I'm going to try and continue focusing on what I'm thankful for each day moving forward. It's a better lens to see the world through, don't you think? That being said, here's what I'm grateful for today:
- my yoga practice
- early morning walks with my dog
- getting to participate in week two of my Intuitive Eating Counselor training program today
- having a platform to write and shine a light on topics I feel strongly about (and people who actually read what I've written!)
7. "Big Little Lies" - omg. I'm up to the last episode, which we'll hopefully be watching tonight, and I'm just amazed by the craziness so far. It's SO good. Anyone else watching? (Ps. no spoilers please!)
8. I'm pretty obsessed with some new sandals I recently bought, including those ^^ in the photo up top. They're from Target (I'm very fancy, I know). Somehow I left the store last week with two brand new pairs, because they were having a buy one/get one half off sale and obviously that meant I needed new shoes and it was really SUCH a deal, even though I only came in for trash bags............................ oops. But at least they're cute?
9. Now that I've finally nailed my headstand, I want to do it all.the.time. Like new party trick, anyone? Totally casual.
Also...what would YOU (yes, y-o-u) like to read about? I want to know what you want to read posts/essays/lists about over here in the future. Weigh in down there int he comments, or send me an email!
And I'm off! What's on your mind today? Leave a comment!
I hope you guys have a fantastic day. xo